The ex-girlfriend of the man who detonated an explosive in downtown Nashville last Christmas has filed a lawsuit, claiming she is entitled to $284,000 in reward money.
According to news reports, Pamela Perry filed a lawsuit in Davidson County Chancery Court on Friday seeking the reward since she came forward “at tremendous personal danger to assist law enforcement in identifying” Anthony Warner as the bomber.
Warner parked an RV in the heart of a tourist district in Nashville early on the morning of Dec. 25, then detonated the bomb that killed him, injured several people, and severely damaged dozens of structures, including a vital AT&T network plant. For days, the explosion knocked out phone and data service across hundreds of miles (kilometers).
Following the explosion, Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis offered a $250,000 reward, while the Nashville Convention and Visitors Corp. offered $34,500 to anyone who could identify the bomber.
The $34,500 raised by the Nashville Convention and Visitors Corp. was donated to law enforcement agencies, including the Metro Nashville Police Department.
On Friday, convention officials said they hadn’t seen the complaint and couldn’t comment, but CEO Butch Spyridon told WTVF-TV in May that hundreds of tips had been received, and that an FBI report commended police enforcement but didn’t name civilians who provided tips.
Spyridon said, “I don’t have documentation to indicate this helped more than anything else.”
Marcus Lemonis’ representative told WTVF that the prize was for information that led to the “arrest and conviction” of the perpetrator. Warner was killed in the explosion, thus he was never apprehended or convicted.
The Shining Media is an independent news website and channel, covering updates from the world of Politics, Entertainment, Sports, International, National, and a lot more.