Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Thursday that being asked to deliver the keynote on India’s technological progress and revolution at the inaugural Sydney Dialogue is a “huge honour” for India. This, according to Narendra Modi, demonstrates India’s pivotal role in the Indo-Pacific region as well as the burgeoning digital globe. From November 17 to 19, the Sydney Dialogue will take place. The Australian Strategic Policy Institute is behind the programme.
Top quotes from PM Narendra Modi while addressing Sydney Dialogue
On the Digital Age:
- “We are living in a once-in-a-generation period of transition. Everything around us is changing as a result of the digital age. Politics, the economy, and society have all been redefined as a result of it. New questions about sovereignty, governance, ethics, law, rights, and security have arisen as a result. PM Modi stated, “It is altering international competition, power, and leadership.”
On Democracies and Technology:
- “It is critical for democracies to collaborate, to invest jointly in future technology research and development; to develop a trusted manufacturing base and trusted supply chains; to strengthen intelligence and operational cooperation on cyber security; and to protect critical information infrastructure…”
- “It should also respect national rights and promote trade, investment, and the greater good of the public.” Take, for example, bitcoin or cryptocurrency. It is critical that all democracies work together to ensure that the information does not fall into the wrong hands “Modi stated the following.
In India, there are five major transformations taking place:
- “We’re constructing the world’s largest public information infrastructure… PM Modi stated, “We’re on our way to linking 600,000 villages; we’ve employed technology to give over 1.1 billion doses of vaccines across India utilising Cowin and Aarogya Setu.”
- At the Sydney Dialogue, he said, “We are revolutionising people’s lives by using digital technology for governance, including empowerment, connectedness, and delivery of benefits and welfare.”
- “India’s ecosystem is the world’s third-largest and fastest-growing. Every few weeks, new unicorns emerge to solve problems ranging from health to national security,” he remarked.
- “India’s industry and services sectors are undergoing enormous digital transformations to support renewable energy transition, resource conversion, and biodiversity conservation.””
- “India is a world leader in artificial intelligence and machine learning, particularly in the human-centered and ethical application of AI. We’re building up our cloud platform and cloud computing capabilities. This is crucial for digital sovereignty and resilience.”