On Sunday morning, Cyclone Jawad is likely to impact the shores of Odisha and Andhra Pradesh. Heavy rains are forecast, as well as high winds of up to 100 kilometres per hour.
- On Friday, the depression over the Bay of Bengal is predicted to deepen into a cyclonic storm and move northwestwards, according to the India Meteorological Department.
- The Indian Meteorological Department has predicted that Cyclone Jawad will hit the Odisha coast around Puri around noon on Sunday.
- On Thursday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended a high-level conference to assess the readiness of states, central ministries, and other agencies to deal with the scenario created by Cyclone Jawad’s potential formation.
- The Prime Minister urged officials to take all reasonable steps to ensure that people are safely evacuated and that all critical services, like as power, telecommunications, health, and drinking water, are maintained, according to a statement released by the Prime Minister’s Office on Thursday.
- Odisha intends to send 266 rescue teams to the state’s southern shore, including the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), State Fire Services, and Odisha Disaster Rapid Action Force (ODRAF).
- Odisha’s Special Relief Commissioner (SRC), Pradeep Kumar Jena, stated, “The state government is adequately prepared to deal with the scenario that has arisen. In anticipation of an oncoming cyclonic storm, 14 coastal districts have been placed on high alert and ordered to take all required precautions.”
- Odisha has also halted fishing activities along the whole coastline as a precaution.
- The government of Andhra Pradesh has also issued a high-level alert and deployed government apparatus in three districts along the state’s north coast.
- On Thursday, Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy spoke with the Collectors of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, and Visakhapatnam districts, directing them to take all necessary precautions.
- Cyclone Jawad is also expected to bring severe rain to West Bengal’s coastal areas.
The Shining Media is an independent news website and channel, covering updates from the world of Politics, Entertainment, Sports, International, National, and a lot more.