PM Modi stated that in the upcoming Parliament session, we will take constitutional measures to remove these agriculture regulations.
At 9 a.m. on Friday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke to the country. The prime minister has made a remarkable U-turn, deciding to repeal all three agricultural reform measures that have provoked farmer demonstrations for nearly a year.
He also said that the choice would be made by his cabinet the following month.
“We have decided to repeal all three farm laws. We will start the constitutional process to repeal all the three laws in the parliament session that starts at the end of this month,” statement given by Modi.
Last year, in September during the monsoon session, President Ram Nath Kovind passed 3 bills from the parliament
The three bills :
- Farmer’s Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Bill,2020.
- Farmer’s (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Bill, 2020.
- Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bill, 2020.
Due to these Bills, Farmers have expressed concern that the Centre’s farm reforms may clear the way for the elimination of the minimum support price system, leaving them to the “grace” of major businesses.
PM Narendra Modi statements to the country :
- In the Parliament Session, we will take constitutional measures on the farm laws, PM Modi said on Friday.
- He requested the protesting farmers to stop and return home.
- Several actions took to guarantee that farmers are fairly compensate for their efforts. We boosted the market for rural infrastructure. We not only increased MSP, but we also increased the number of government procurement centres to a new level. Our government’s purchase broke several decades of records. – Prime Minister Modi
- Agriculture budget has risen by 5 times, over ₹1.25 lakh crore being spent annually: PM Modi
- PM Modi On the occasion of Guru Nanak Dev’s birth anniversary, Modi paid tribute to the founder of Sikhism, adding that his vision of a just, humane, and inclusive society motivates people.
“I express my heartfelt congratulations to all people of the world and all of my countrymen,” Modi said.
- Prime Minister is planning to travel to Jhansi on Friday to launch development projects and also to give respect to the Rani Lakshmibai, the Jhansi Queen.
- PM Modi on paid tributes to former prime minister Indira Gandhi on her birth anniversary.
The Shining Media is an independent news website and channel, covering updates from the world of Politics, Entertainment, Sports, International, National, and a lot more.