In a strategic move to secure victory in the upcoming Rajasthan assembly elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has personally taken the helm of Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) campaign efforts. Demonstrating his commitment, the Prime Minister has visited Rajasthan an impressive 11 times over the past year, aiming to captivate and garner support from the state’s electorate. As the voting date nears, PM Modi is set to intensify his campaign with a series of public meetings and a grand roadshow in the state’s major cities.
PM Modi’s Upcoming Schedule in Rajasthan
The Prime Minister’s campaign trail in Rajasthan is densely packed, with key public meetings and roadshows planned in several cities. The schedule is as follows:
- Baytu, November 15: This marks the beginning of a string of public engagements for PM Modi in Rajasthan.
- Bharatpur and Nagaur, November 18: These meetings are expected to draw large crowds, as PM Modi makes his case to the voters.
- Pali, November 20: Another crucial stop in the campaign trail.
- Roadshows in Jodhpur and Jaipur, November 22 and 23: These high-profile events are anticipated to attract massive gatherings, serving as a crescendo to the BJP’s campaign efforts before the election silence period begins.
It’s crucial to note that Rajasthan’s assembly elections are slated for November 25, with a campaigning blackout commencing from the evening of November 23. This makes the Prime Minister’s roadshows some of the final, large-scale campaign events before voters head to the polls.
The Demand for Star Campaigners
Recognizing the influence of key political figures, BJP candidates across Rajasthan have expressed a strong preference for appearances by the party’s star campaigners. Topping the list of demanded personalities is PM Narendra Modi himself, followed by Union Home Minister Amit Shah and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. This high demand has led to a meticulously planned campaign schedule involving these prominent leaders:
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in Jaipur, November 14.
- Amit Shah’s meetings in Bhima, Deoli, and Kumbhalgarh, November 16.
- Yogi Adityanath’s five-day campaign, starting November 16, includes meetings in Pipalda, Keshorapatan, Kekri, Pushkar, Jaipur, and Alwar.
PM Modi’s Past Visits to Rajasthan
Prime Minister Modi’s frequent visits to Rajasthan in the past year underscore his commitment to the BJP’s campaign in the state. His visits include:
- Abu Road (September 30, 2022)
- Mangarh Dham (November 1, 2022)
- Bhilwara (January 8, 2023)
- Dausa (February 12, 2023)
- Nathdwara (May 10, 2023)
- Amjer (May 31, 2023)
- Bikaner (July 8, 2023)
- Sikar (July 27, 2023)
- Jaipur (September 25, 2023)
- Saawariya Seth (October 8, 2023)
- Udaipur (November 9, 2023)
As the battle for Rajasthan heats up, PM Narendra Modi’s active involvement in the BJP’s campaign is a clear signal of the importance the party places on winning in this key state. With a well-orchestrated series of public meetings and roadshows featuring the party’s top leaders, the BJP is leaving no stone unturned in its bid to sway the electorate in its favor. As the campaign trail blazes across Rajasthan, all eyes are on these final days leading up to the crucial vote.