Norovirus infection has been confirmed in Wayanad, Kerala. Veena George, the state’s health minister, has given certain instructions for the public to follow in order to combat the infection.
So far, here’s what we know about Norovirus:
1. Noroviruses are a type of virus that causes gastrointestinal problems. The virus causes stomach and gut lining irritation, as well as severe vomiting and diarrhoea.
2. It’s an animal-borne sickness spread by tainted food and water.
3. Healthy adults are unaffected by norovirus, but young children, the elderly, and those with chronic comorbidities are at risk.
4. Water bodies and sources of drinking water must be aggressively protected. To keep ahead of the game, super-chlorination can be used.
5. Because prevention is better than cure, staying watchful is extremely beneficial in the fight against Norovirus.
6. Direct contact with infected persons can also spread this animal-borne disease.
7. This virus is transferred through an infected person’s faeces and vomit. As a result, extreme caution is required due to the disease’s rapid spread.
8. For up to two days following the commencement of the ailment, this virus can spread.
9. Diarrhoea, abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea, fever, headache, and body aches are all frequent Norovirus symptoms. Dehydration and other problems might occur as a result of acute vomiting and diarrhoea.
10. According to the rules, sick patients should stay at home and drink ORS solution and heated water as advised by their doctor.
11. As a preventative precaution, one should pay close attention to their immediate surroundings and personal hygiene.
12. Using soap and water to wash hands can help prevent the infection from spreading. Those who work with animals should be very cautious.
13. Use chlorinated water in your home. To drink, only use boiling water.
14. After carefully washing fruits and vegetables, then only you can use them.
15. Sea fish and shellfish, such as crab and mussels, must be thoroughly cook before consumption.
16. Avoid meals that are stale or have been exposed to the elements.
The Shining Media is an independent news website and channel, covering updates from the world of Politics, Entertainment, Sports, International, National, and a lot more.